Our Guardianship Services
We have designed our services to provide you with the support you and your child will need to maximise their welfare, happiness and academic performance whilst studying in the UK. This includes:
- Act as your child’s guardian as required by your child’s school and for the UK Visas.
- Provide advice on living in the UK.
- Provide settling in support for both parents and students.
- 24/7 emergency cover for your child both at school and when outside.
- Arrangement of host families for Half Term and Exeat weekends.
- Support arranging your child’s travel arrangements whilst getting to and from school and host families.
- Support with issues such as passport losses and Visa applications for school trips.
- Assisting you with things your child might need – uniform, equipment, mobiles and SIM cards etc…
- Manage your local financial needs with expenses account.
- Regular visits to your child to support the development and well-being.
- Regular reports back to you on how your child is settling in and on their performance and happiness at school.
- Available for all any unforeseen events or any specialists needs your child may have.
It is important that you understand that GIS will be acting as your child’s guardian whilst in the UK and that the Host Family is a provider of accommodation, food and a place for them to socialise and enjoy whilst is closed for half terms and exeat weekends.
Please understand GIS’s priority is your child’s safety and welfare and to help them get the most from their time in the UK.